Saturday, July 22, 2006

Anything is Possible














“We have more possibilities available in each moment than we realize.” Thich Nhat Hanh

I was never really sure that I wanted to have a blog. The medium is so saturated and it seems so self indulgent. Who actually is going to care about what I have to say? Why would I want to have my personal thoughts out there in public? Well, this blog will not talk about intimate details of my life. I will, however, attempt to provoke thought and inspiration, based on my experiences, to anyone who is willing to read it.

I want this to be a quiet/joyful/rowdy/funny/inspiring place to come to when you want to shut out the world, even only for a few moments, and catch your breath and reconnect to the joy and wonder that your own life contains.

Sometimes we need reminders of what we have in our lives instead of what we don't. What do you have in your life that makes you grateful?

What are your aspirations? Be grateful you have them too because they propel you forward.

Just for today, look at everything in your life, the good, the bad and yes- the ugly and be grateful for all of it. Why? Because with each experience there is growth even when its excruciatingly painful.

My father passed away from cancer in 2002. Would I give anything to have him back with us? Absolutely. Am I angry that he was taken from us so cruelly and so prematurely? Of course. But I have no choice other than to push through and give this devastating experience some meaning, some significance other than the pain of our loss. I have chosen to really be aware and thankful for all of the miracles around me and, in honor of my father, live whatever time I have left on this earth as fully, compassionately and joyfully as I can because he would have wanted it that way.

Its up to you. You can choose to be grateful in your life or you can choose to miserable. You have the power and with that, anything is possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home